Voskhod 3m-01 wiring diagram

Post your 2 stroke issues and questions here

Voskhod 3m-01 wiring diagram

Postby minsk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Any one able to supply the above? Or can you explain how the brake light wiring goes. There seems to be a load shedding relay, Italian manufacture, is that right? with three wires. The three wires are two earths and one power feed but don't want to wire up as I don't want to blow any of the electronics if I get a back feed. I get continuity across two of the Relay terminals but nothing across the third. Is that right? John
minsk
Minsk 125cc
Minsk 125cc

Re: Voskhod 3m-01 wiring diagram

Postby Lederclaus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 am

John, if you are in doubt, connect the brake light switch as usual: Go from switched plus to the brake light switch and from there to the bulb. No relais. Check brake light switch for normal function with an Ohmmeter or test light. If it is normal just use it. If not, buy a cheap one and use it.
If you cannot detect what the line is used for the brake, bypass it with a new line and do it as an independant circuit.
Claus
The anonymous arena of the Internet allows certain tortured people to indulge their most spiteful and unpleasant urges with absolutely no concept of how it might feel to be on the receiving end. It is the perfect consequence-free environment. Tom Allen
Lederclaus
Planeta 350cc
Planeta 350cc

Postby minsk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Claus. Since my first post I had a fresh look at the wiring and did as you said and have power to the brake lights bypassing the relay. It looks like the relay is faulty, its electronic no moving parts, as I can put power in but nothing comes out. I guess it is a form of electronic damper as there is no battery, direct lighting, and it stops surge blowing the bulb. Other wise the bike starts and runs well. John
minsk
Minsk 125cc
Minsk 125cc

Postby Lederclaus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 pm

You could use a so called "battery eliminator" that´s connected with the battery. It´s nothimg else than a big condenser. It will buffer the generator`s amplitudes and protect your electric system from blows through too high tension peaks.
I did that with my missis`MZ with good results.
Claus
The anonymous arena of the Internet allows certain tortured people to indulge their most spiteful and unpleasant urges with absolutely no concept of how it might feel to be on the receiving end. It is the perfect consequence-free environment. Tom Allen
Lederclaus
Planeta 350cc
Planeta 350cc

Postby minsk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Problem solved. When I bought this bike what I thought was a load shedding relay and the fact it was hanging loose and of Italian manufacture and the fact that the brake light did not work, I assumed the two were linked. There not ,all it is is a solid state indicator flasher unit! So I started again and checked all wiring and concluded it had to be the rear light unit that was at fault. The internals are assembled to the plastic body with small soft aluminium rivets. On dismantling the joints I found one had been badly made an was a poor connection. Re assembled with small self tapping screws, it works! I am still amazed that the bulb does not blow due to electrical surge. John
minsk
Minsk 125cc
Minsk 125cc

Return to 2 Strokes